This blog contains a selection of small workshop demonstrations and field sketches.

If you'd like to see larger, more finished paintings, we invite you to visit Pumphouse Studio Gallery.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yaki Point View, 12x16 oil

"Yaki Point View" 12x16, oil #883
$1000 - unframed, shipping not included



About This Painting

For the past two years, I've participated in the Grand Canyon Celebration of Arts "Plein Air on the Rim" event.  This is an invitational-only, and I've very proud to have been among the 30 artists invited from across the US and Canada each year.  For this piece, I returned to one of my favorite spots to paint, out on Yaki Point.  The light is always gorgeous on the little bit of tipped rock on the ledge.  I was particularly pleased with the sense of distance I was able to create in the painting.  It's hard to bring that sense to a small format version of the magnificent Grand Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.