This blog contains a selection of small workshop demonstrations and field sketches.

If you'd like to see larger, more finished paintings, we invite you to visit Pumphouse Studio Gallery.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Desert's Winter Splendor, 16x20 oil/panel

"Desert's Winter Splendor" 16x20, oil/panel, #932
$1500 - unframed, shipping not included



About This Painting

This painting is based on a plein air sketch I did one January morning.  I wanted to paint the view from the east of Courthouse Butte in Sedona.  There is a popular trail that goes past it, but I hiked about a mile in and then stepped off the trail.  Not many people saw me, painting in the brush.  When I got back to the studio, I decided the scene was exciting enough - beautiful color and interesting shadows - that I decided to make this larger version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.